- ZABAWOWO ul. 1-Maja 26, tel. +48 33 307 07 07, www.zabawowo.com
- KRAINA KROPKA ul. Partyzantów 44, tel. + 48 33 811 12 77, www.krainakropka.pl
- FIGLO PARK ul. Cieszyńska 90, tel. +48 33 815 74 66, www.figlo-park.pl
- KIDSLAND ul. Żywiecka 95, tel. + 48 33 496 39 40, www.kids-land.pl
- BAJKOWA POLANKA ul. Sarni Stok 2, tel. 513 866 881
- FIKU MIKU ul. Mostowa 5, tel. 795 557 353, www.fikumiku.info.pl
- KRAINA ZABAWY JUPIJUPIJAJ ul. Filomatów 6, tel. 662 270 850, www.jupijupijaj.pl
- KRAINA SKRZATA, ul. Mikołaja Reja 16, tel. 505 118
- LOKOMOTYWA, ul. Olszówki 27 A, tel. + 48 33 501 178 703, www.peronkawiarnia.pl
- ZACZAROWANA POLANA, ul. Mostowa 5 – Galeria Handlowa SFERA, tel. + 48 33 498 70 35
- GONDOLA LIFT UP SZYNDZIELNIA, Al. Armii Krajowej 366, tel. +48 33 814 44 81, www.kolej-szyndzielnia.pl
- CHAIR LIFT ON DĘBOWIEC, ul. Karbowa 55, tel. +48 33 445 43 66, www.debowiec.beskidy.pl
- HOTEL STARA SZMERGIELNIA, ul. Cyprysowa 63, tel. +48 33 821 81 90, www.staraszmiergielnia.pl
- STUD BARBARA, ul. Bajki 20, tel. +48 792 094 003, www.jazdakonnabielsko.cba.pl
- STUD KASZTANKA, ul. Azaliowa 12, www.stadnina.net
- STUD STARY MŁYN, ul. Zapłocie Duże 286, Bielsko-Biała, tel. 506 068 198
SWIMMING POOL OUTDOOR
- PANORAMA, ul. M.Konopnickiej 5, tel. +48 33 822 18 75, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl
Two swimming pools-a sports pool and for children, 42-meter long slide, 2 beach volleyball courts, rental of equipment, locker room, food and beverages. The facility has been entrred in heritage register.
- START, ul. Startowa 36, tel. +48 33 821 00 61, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl
The facility occupies two zones: swimming pool zone: sports swimming pool with many water attractions ( river rapids, rope park, geysers, spray fountains, massage jests, winding slide, cascade slide, waterfalls, wading pool for children) and playground. Recreational and sports zone: two illuminated tennis courts, two beach volleyball courts, streetball court, climbing wall 8,2 high with an auto belay system, mini amphitheatre with band shell. The facility is adapted for disabled people.
SWIMMING POOL INDOOR
- TROCLIK, ul. Sosnkowskiego 14, tel. +48 33 499 88 57, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl Two swimming pools: a sport pool and recreational pool, long slide, jacuzzi, 2 dry saunas, massage therapy room, sunebeds. The facility is adepted for disabled people
- AQUA, ul. Langiewicza 26, tel. +48 33 829 00 20, www.plywalniaaqua.pl A sports pool with massage jets on the walls, a wading pool for children, recreational pool with water jets, 6-person dry sauna, a modern gym and a fitness room. The facility is adepted for disabled people.
- LODOWISKO NA ORLIKU-kryte, ul. Słowackiego 27 B, tel. + 48 33 816 85 63, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl
- LODOWISKO PRZY OSR VICTORIA, ul. Bratków 16, tel. + 48 33 811 80 37, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl
- GRANDA, ul. Pocztowa, tel. +48 608 025 059, www.granda.bielsko.pl Granda Recreation Centre offers a ropes course and quad drives on a specially prepared track.
- DĘBOWIEC, ul. Karbowa 55, tel. +48 661 110 033, www.parkilinowe.pl Routes of varying difficulty levels and a special “Trasa maluch” for children aged between 3 and 13. Consists of 10 colourful obstacles hanging at low altitude (1m-2.5m), secured by an extra net.
- PRIMAROCA, ul. Karpacka 24, tel. +48 730 030 610, www.primaroca.com.pl
- TOTEM CENTRUM WSPINACZKOWE, ul. Powstańców 6, tel. +48 33 485 85 01, www.totem.org.pl
- THE HISTORICAL MUSEUM – SUŁKOWSKI DUKES’ CASTLE, ul. Wzgórze 16, tel. +48 33 822 06 56, www.muzeum.bielsko.pl
- WEAVER’S HOUSE MUSEUM, ul. Sobieskiego 51, tel. +48 33 811 74 06, www.muzeum.bielsko.pl
- OLD FACTORY, Pl. Żwirki i Wigury 8, tel. +48 33 812 23 67, www.muzeum.bielsko.pl
- MOTOR MUSEUM, ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 1, tel. +48 33 812 22 81, www.ak-beskidzki.bielsko.eu Open on Saturdays, from 11.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m. For other weekdays, it is possible to arrange a visit by phone.
- HELIOS, ul. Mostowa 5, tel. +48 33 498 70 12, www.helios.pl
- CINEMA CITY, ul. Leszczyńska 20, tel. +48 33 485 39 39, www.cinemacity.pl
- STUDIO, ul. Cieszyńska 24, tel. +48 33 812 50 58, www.sfr.com.pl
- BANIALUKA, ul. Mickiewicza 20, tel. +48 33 815 09 15, www.banialuka.pl
- CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING ROUTE, ul. Cieszyńska 321, tel. +48 661 604 184, 662 546 637, www.biegowkibielsko.eu
- LUGE TRACK, ul. Skalna 58, tel. + 48 33 827 55 67, www.torsaneczkowy.bielsko.pl All-year recreation luge track is situated on Słoneczna Polana, at the foot of Dębowiec Mountain.
- KARTING TRACK, ul. Legionów 26-28, tel. +48 33 486 29 60, www.zygzak-karting.pl
- THE BESKID CHOO-CHOO TRAIN, ul. Warszawska 7, tel. +48 33 816 96 57, www.pks.bielsko.pl Ciuchcia Beskidzka can be rent for: outdoors events, school and pre-school rides, company events, weddings, for sleigh rides.
- ARENA ZOLTAR – PAINTBALL, ul. Sukiennicza 3, tel. +48 791 121 530, www.zoltar.bielsko.pl Zoltan Arena is the only laser-tag (electronic laser paintball) arena in Podbeskidzie. The rules of this game are the same as in classic paintball, but with no bruises or dirt – for children aged 10 at least.
- LUCE ARENA- A “new city” facility, offering: roofed roller blade skating rink with a STILMAT synthetic surface, approved by the Polish Association of Roller Skating Sports, for better comfort of skating and maximum safety. The rink is open throughout a week. Individual and/or group classes are provided by qualified instructors, both to children and adults. The facility offers roller skating gear and hockey gear rental, a badminton pitch, a squash court.
- BOWLING IN THE KLIMAT CLUB, ul. Mostowa 5, tel. +48 33 822 54 20, www.klubklimat.pl
- ROLLER-BLADE SKATING RINK, al. Armii Krajowej do ul. Młodzieżowej i do ul. Bliskiej, www.rolki.drachma.org.pl The rink is open from April to October.
- MINI GOLF AT BŁONIACH ul. Pocztowa, tel. +48 664 784 094, www.minigolf.bielsko.pl The main attractions include: minigolf, boules, badminton, mini-bowling, bike rental, playground.
- BŁONIOLANDIA Play Park, ul. Pocztowa 39, tel. 33 531 193 For younger children, a playground with a slide and swings. A ball pool is also there. Older children may try out a rope park, a trampoline, table football, inflatable slides and an electric car racing course. The parents may try delicious grilled dishes.
- ANIMATED FILM STUDIO, ul. Cieszyńska 24, tel. +48 33 812 50 58, www.sfr.com.pl Visiting the studio, you can learn the history of cartoon films, animations and dubbing. Each visit ends with the presentation of films produced in the Studio.
- MONUMENT OF REKSIO*
- MONUMENT OF BOLEK I LOLEK** The monuments dedicated to a very popular among children character of many cartoons by the Animated Film Studio in Bielsko-Biała. They are located at ul. 11 Listopada, near the bridge over the Biała river and near the CH Sfera II.
- DĘBOWIEC – RECREATION AND SKI RESORT IN BIELSKO-BIAŁA
ul. Karbowa 55, tel. +48 33 445 43 66, www.debowiec.beskidy.pl This sports and recreation resort is situated on the slope of Dębowiec mountain. It is recommended both in winter and in the summer. The place has got a ropes course, outdoor fitness equipment, a playground and a climbing wall for children. In winter, the resort changes into the ski slope with a chair lift and T-bar lift for children.
- WAPIENICA RIVER AND WAPIENICA RIVER VALLEY – SPORTS AND RECREATION CENTRE
ul. Leśników 14, www.bbosir.bielsko.pl A friendly and secluded place, perfect for families with children, thanks to its large playground, a lot of benches and tables for table tennis and chess. The valley is one of the best preserved natural areas in the Silesian Beskid. Also, the president Mościcki artificial water reservoir with a dam is situated there.
- RECREATIONAL AREAS BŁONIA AND CYGAŃSKI LAS BŁONIA I CYGAŃSKI LAS
This area at the foot of Kozia Mountain is a place where a lot of sporting, recreational and cultural events are held. There are also football pitches, a skatepark, a pump track, a ropes course, a playground and the bike traffic town.
- TRAFFICPARK AT BŁONIA
The facility is a place where children can learn how to ride a bike and practice the rules of the road. The park operates under the “Safe child in road traffic” program. It is open from the 1st day of April to the 31st day of October, from 10.00 a.m. to 07.00 p.m., with free of charge access for children and young people at school age.
The area stretching along the Górska street, up to the Straconka quarter. It is an excellent place for walking and cycling. A small playground is located there.
- AIRPORT IN ALEKSANDROWICE
The recreation area stretching along the glider airport. It is a popular place for walking, cycling and skating.
- WAPIENICA – NATURE AND FOREST TRAIL
The trail lies within the area of the Bielsko Forest Inspectorate. It is situated in the Wapienica River Valley, on the territory of the Landscape Park of the Silesian Beskid and the Nature and Landscape Complex of “Dolina Wapienicy”. The route of a trip begins and ends with the final bus stop of public bus no. 16. The trail is about 3.5 km long and it takes about 3-4 hours to cover the distance. The trail extends through multispecies sylvas, passes by a tree nursery.
- TO KOZIA GÓRKA 683 m. n.p.m.
From Cygański Las – Green trail.
Level of difficulty: easy. Hiking time: 1 h 45 min. .
- TO DĘBOWIEC 686 m n.p.m.
From Cygański Las – Red trail. Level of difficulty: easy. Hiking time: 1 h 15 min.
From Olszówka Górna – Green trail. Level of difficulty: very easy. Hiking time: 15 min.
- TO BŁATNIA 917 m n.p.m.
From Wapienica Górna– Blue trail. Level of difficulty: easy. Hiking time: 2 h. 15 min.
- TO SZYNDZIELNIA 1028 m n.p.m.
From Olszówka Górna– Blue trail, and then the red one. Level of difficulty: easy. Hiking time: 1 h. 35 min.
From Cygański Las – Yellow trail. Level of difficulty: easy. Hiking time: 2 h. 30 min.
- TO KLIMCZOK 1117 m n.p.m.
From Cygański Las –It leads through Dębowiec, Szyndzielnia to Klimczok – Red trail.
Route length: 11 km. Level of difficulty: difficult. Hiking time: 3 h.
NOTE: Next to the hut at Klimczok, there is an outdoor swimming pool, open in the summer.
- The Juliusz Słowacki PARK in Bielsko-Biała – a city park located in the centre of Bielsko-Biała, among J. Słowacki, F. Chopin, Z. Lubertowicza and Piastowska Streets. The main object in the park is the House of Music (Dom Muzyki), located in its eastern part (in the Słowackiego Street) – the seat of the Bielsko Culture Centre (Bielskie Centrum Kultury). In the northern part of the park, there is an artificial skating rink and an Orlik 2012 facility including a 30×62 sports playing field and a 20 x 30 running track.
- MAY – International Festival of Puppetry Art
- MAY / SEPTEMBER – Family Bike Rally
- MAY / JUNE – Bielsko-Biała’s Days
- MAY / JUNE – Polish Days of Safety, Traffic Culture and Road Rescue
- JUNE – Festival of Twin Towns and Sister Cities
- JULY – Beskid Antique Vehicles Rally
- JULY / AUGUST – Family Fest organized by Sports and Recreation Centre in Bielsko-Biała
- JULY – International Military Vehicles „Operacja Południe” Rally
- AUGUST / SEPTEMBER – International Picnic at the Airport
- DECEMBER – Christmass in old town
IN THE TOURIST INFORMATION CENTER
, you can rent an audio guide with the routes of city tours, including a route for children.
CHILDREN FRIENDLY BARS AND RESTAURANTS
- KARCZMA RANCHO POD STRUSIEM (the Ostrich Ranch), ul. Zwardońska 141, tel. +48 33 812 43 47, www.ranchobielsko.pl „RANCHO POD STRUSIEM” is an inn located at the foot of the Beskid Mały, offering a traditional Polish cuisine. The interior is decorated in a country and hunters’ style, with the magic vibe of the beautiful old Polish countryside. The restaurant has a main room that can sit 130 guests, a summer garden with 200 seats, a barbecue facility, a car park, and a nearby mini zoo for the youngest children. Ciachomania offers not only delicious baked products and desserts but also an inventive playground. With unfavourable weather, children can play inside, on a special mat, where they can spend some time playing one of the numerous available games.
- CIACHOMANIA, ul. Górska 16, 43-300 Bielsko-Biała, tel.: +48 33 815 04 26, www.ciachomania.pl Café Ciachomania has wonderful pastries and desserts, also a children’s playground, and when the weather is not conducive, the children can play inside on a special mat in different games.
- THE LAWENDA RESTAURANT, ul. Cechowa 6, Bielsko-Biała, tel.: + 48 33 815 08 97, www.restauracjalawenda.pl In the city centre of Bielsko-Biała, accompanied by our children, we can visit the Lawenda restaurant, which offers not only a special kids menu, but also an adorable special kids section, a so-called “fiddle-faddle” corner, full of rag dolls, wooden blocks and toys. The corner has two small tables with chairs and a chalk board.
- THE SAHARA HOTEL RESTAURANT, ul. Falista 13, tel.: +48 33 486 11 00, www.hotelsahara.pl With its amenities and attractions, THE SAHARA HOTEL RESTAURANT will guarantee the best play ever for our kiddies: a playground (swings, a carousel, a trampoline, a climbing wall, a sandbox, a slide with a little house, an obstacle course, a rocking horse), a play area in the restaurant (colouring books, blocks, games). What is more, we will find here a toilet that is adapted for mothers with babies, with a changing table and a bath chair. The restaurant offers kids menu.
- THE BRACKA RESTAURANT, ul. Karbowa 38, tel. 33 816 12 39, www.restauracjabracka.pl It is a restaurant located at the outskirts of Bielsko-Biała, in a quiet forested area, with a beautiful mountain view. The facility has three rooms, sitting 70 guests in total. The restaurant serves traditional Polish cuisine dishes and the most popular foreign cuisine dishes. There is a playground with a sandbox and swings for children. Outside, there is a summer garden with tables and umbrellas.
- THE WIRTUOZERIA RESTAURANT, ul. Pocztowa 39, tel. 33 531 193 339, www.restauracjawirtuozeria.pl THE WIRTUOZERIA RESTAURANT – located among picturesque recreational areas of Bielsko-Biała. Restaurant’s interior is elegant, the vibe is friendly and the menu is excellent. Children can play in a sandbox, in a ball pool or use a swing. Guests can enjoy their meals outside, if they wish. The restaurant serves excellent barbecue dishes
- KARCZMA POD LOTNISKIEM (THE AIRPORT INN), ul. l. Zwardońska 38, tel. tel: 33 819 22 69, 730 300 710, 602 292 43, www.karczmapodlotniskiem.pl a big facility, located near the sports airport, consists of three rooms and a summer garden. The restaurant specializes in old Polish cuisine. There is a playground for children.